Friday, October 12, 2007

Project Spring-Cleaning (of the room, the soul and my life)


My whimsical boudoir is in desperate need of a solid mess-and-dirt elimination session.

But though the mind is willing, the flesh is w-e-a-k.

I can't quite seem to muster up enough energy to go through the whole dust-wiping, stuff-straightening, fan-cleaning, sweeping and mopping routine.

It just seems so daunting - although I know if I can just get down to it, it will not be that monumental a task; it's only a room, after all.

This afternoon, I had already tackled some of the more major tasks...
I had laundered my sheets and the curtains and hung them up to dry. And just before this posting, I had thrown out some magazines that
no longer have any value to me (read: no articles or fashion/hairstyle/
make-up pictures that can serve as future reference).

Now, at this precise moment, I am wondering if I should head off to
a nice shower and jump into my sheet-less bed to catch some sleep,
or continue to restore my room to its usual near-pristine state so that
I can wake up to a renewed zest for life.

And yes, you read it right - I just equated a clean and neat room with my zest for life. I really do not know how I can go about making this make sense, but one way to explain it is that a refreshed room often means a refreshed state of mind for me. When my room is in a mess and I allow it to stay that way, from experience, it will mean I'll allow other aspects of my life to slip too. And once I can make myself go through the whole process of straightening my room, my spirit will feel brand new all of a sudden, and I'll want to get to work straightening
my life as well.

It's not a theory...it's just the way it is with me.

Oki, that's it for now.

I gotta get back to deciding if I should go to bed or continue to clean up my room and mind.










No comments: