Saturday, March 22, 2008

Handicapped Handphone


Technically, my handphone is still working...but whether I can make or receive calls successfully depends a little on luck, and who/where I am calling.

Thanks to a very unfortunate slip of the hand, my Samsung U700 hit the ground from a 4cm-ish height (yea...just 4cm-ish) and it has been acting up since.

I can only hear the voice of the party on the other line if I slide out my keypad. And that is if I am lucky.

Plus, I can't hear anything at all when I dial any number that's a hotline...such as cab companies' numbers.

DAMN. DAMN. DAMN.

This is the 5th handphone in my life and the first time I actually damaged one.

DAMN. DAMN. DAMN.

And during a period when I need it most too, as I really need to remain easily contactable at this time.

DAMN. DAMN. DAMN.

Thankfully, a friend is going to lend me her spare phone for the time being...till...I don't know, either after I get it fixed or get another one. My spare phone is now my mum's and though she readily volunteered to pass it back to me, I have no intention of taking it back because there is no no no way I am going to allow her to get out of the house without a handphone...the worry of not being able to contact her when she's not back by a reasonable time each time she heads out will kill me faster than being handphone-less myself (she's not senile/irresponsible/'insensible' hahahaha...it's just me being an extreme worrywart).

A.R.R.R.R.R.R.R.R.G.H.






No comments: