Monday, March 31, 2008

Love at first bite


I developed a new addiction recently...Navel Oranges from California.

I need to have at least 2 every day.

This excerpt from an online article will probably explain why I fell rather madly in love with this variety of oranges from the first time I sank my teeth into it:

"Californian Navels can also get very juicy and sweet and are considered by many to be the best oranges in the world. They have a meaty flesh, their thick rinds are easy to peel, the segments separate easily, and they have no seeds. All navel oranges have a navel at the blossom end - an opening with a convoluted interior that looks, well, like a navel. "


P.S. I get my supply of Sunkist Navel Oranges from the FairPrice Minimart at Esso Station near my place. It's probably available at full-size FairPrice supermarkets too. Apparently, the season for Navel Oranges is at its peak now, and will last till May.

1 comment:

syelle said...

ya, i love those navel oranges too! sweet.