Sunday, June 24, 2007

Confessions of a terrified late 20-somethinger


If my life is a movie screenplay and I am the screenwriter, I'm in serious trouble.

You see, somewhere along the line, I've lost the plot.

Everything started out promisingly enough.

For many years, I knew what the story was going to be like.

I knew what the protagonist (me) was gunning for in life, at work and everything else.

Yet, overnight, ok - over many days and nights or even years, without me consciously realising it, the significance of practically every issue and other leading characters in my life had changed.

Heck, even the significance of me in my very own life seemed to have undergone a major overhaul.

And as if having to re-work the screenplay from scratch isn't nerve-wrecking enough, I have no idea just how I would like the story to continue.

Saying that it's a terribly unsettling situation would be the understatement of the century.
.
Having said that though, I am not afraid. Ok, I am afraid,
yet not a-f-r-a-i-d.

Am I still making sense to you?

Let me put it this way - this situation is doing a great job of keeping me awake at night, and it even has its ways of sneaking into my dreams such that I wake up to find my heart at the pit of my stomach most times.

However, and this is a big HOWEVER, I do know I am still going to get my story back on track someday - somehow.

Perhaps it's the confidence gained from how I had deal with myself in various previous similar-yet-somewhat-different situations.

Or maybe I just made up this belief in my subconscious mind to keep me sane.

Oh god...now that's a real scary thought.

Anyway. I know I will get everything straightened out again. It may take some time, but it will happen.

The plot may be a very different one. Or it may only have subtle changes that no one who had seen the original story could discern.

But I would know.

Whatever it may be in the end, it will be a movie where the soundtrack boasts stirring, cheery, uplifting numbers, and everyone will leave the theatre happy.

Because it will be a happy movie.

OMFG. I am a real drama queen.

No comments: