Thursday, December 20, 2007

Dawn is back


I finally had a haircut.

I was due to travel by coach to KL for a speed-trip (we went on Sunday morning and was due to return on Monday afternoon) with a friend, and I was determined that my caveman-ish hair should not get in the way (it's tough to lie back comfortably on a coach seat for
5 hours straight with a fat ponytail and a cap).

Thus, the night before the trip, I trooped down to Suntec City for some shearing action by a trusted hairstylist. And I literally felt a weight lifted off me the moment he unceremoniously lopped off a huge chunk of my hair.

I said 'unceremoniously' because seconds after we agreed on how short my new hairstyle should be, he abruptly grabbed my chest-length hair and chopped it all off to chin-lenth in one swift move, without warning, before proceeding to discard those hair into a dustbin. He's lucky I am not one of those girls who develop a love affair with their long hair and need to be mentally prepared and say a proper farewell before those prized hair are gone...or he would have a bawling nutcase in his salon.




The new hairstyle is choppy around the crown area and just long enough to be pulled back into a ultra-short ponytail at the back with the help of some bobby pins.


P.S. My friend took one look at my new hairstyle and exclaimed, "Dawn is back!" I used to sport short-cropped hair which was similar to that that for many years...sans the ponytail.
After experimenting with various forms of medium- to long-hair in the past 2 years, I guess I still feel most like myself in short, choppy styles. Like how my friend put it, "It's very Dawn".


No comments: