Saturday, October 14, 2006

Cherish life and love - for they can be lost in a heartbeat

My Primary School playmate held her wedding last Saturday.

And because we had lost touch for a long time till we finally met once before her wedding, I did not experience the usual excitement I have when attending most weddings, for I do not know the slightest bit of history of her courtship with her husband.

However, when pictures of their courting days started flashing on those two huge screens in the banquet hall, I found myself silently and consistently chanting, "Let them be happy, healthy and true to each other way into the future".

I know that makes me seem like one extremely maudlin weirdo, but those wishes came naturally and sincerely, because - let's face it - love and marriage are such fragile items these days, and life is so unpredictable.

Especially when a friend of mine had a huge row with her boyfriend just a day before the wedding and freaked me out big-time with the ensuing drama, one which jolted me wide awake from my deep slumber and saw me making a mad dash to the hospital.

While another acquaintance passed away as a result of a failed lap-band surgery to lose weight, mere months after he got married.

Ok now I have gone from maudlin to morbid.

Anyway, the point is, many recents events have made me realised just how fragile and unpredictable everything is, and nothing should ever be taken for granted.

Night.



No comments: